Friday, November 30, 2007

anything

Tell me a secret
Tell me a lie

Tell me anything
So I know
Something inside

You tell one thing
I heard another

Tell me the truth

I’ll tell you a secret
I’ll tell you a lie

I’ll say what you
Want to hear

You say one thing
I’ll say another

I heard one thing
You heard another

Nothing is left
Nothing but the truth

The truth that you
Hind from me

2 comments:

jaydee said...

I think this one is pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Truth can be an elusive thing. There are times when I'm not sure we want to hear the truth. Maybe because it's too hurtful or maybe because of what it might reveal about ourselves.

There are times when maybe it's okay to be less than truthful, especially if it's meant to be thoughtful and understanding. A difficult path I know. I imagine that in the end, truthfulness if the best choice we have. It's the living with the consequence that can be the tough part.